Rasika to Sugandi Alias Andal Devanayaki



Before I read the English translation of Sugandi Alias Andal Devanayaki, a Malayalam novel over this week, I came upon a very interesting article by Amrutha Patil in which she talks about the true idea of art and maintains that good art should create the Aah! in its audience. The Aah! here is the sign of a heart that has been moved. She goes on to say that the Indian tradition has believed that transmitting of Rasa's is the highest endeavor of any creative encounter. The Rasa Theory which has its origins in 500 BC identifies 9 primary Rasa's that may be experienced. The Aah! completely tied into the frame of 'Sahridhaya' that I was interested in exploring. The Aah! is all about transferring and building a relationship! 

I then went on to hand-make a template to access my Raskia experiences through the Rasa and the Aah! framework to see what moved within me. Read on! Click on the image to enlarge it.

Here is what the cover of Sugandi Alias Andal Devanayaki looks like in case you want to buy a copy. 


My immediate reactions upon reading the book.  

Comments

Popular Posts