When I Documented Play - Visual Leadership



Keeping in mind my initial tussle with documentation, I decided to make my process "Alive". I documented a session of play in my building. I was curious to observe how decisions are made, how homogeneity emerges within a group during play, and how leadership effects or creates conflict in play.  

I used notes & photographs (of important moments / mind shifts) to document my experience. 
As a part of taking documentation back, I created narrative charts which were displayed on the corridor for the children to view and contribute their own views. 

My co-documenter also helped add new frames, perspectives to what we had witnessed, making it evident that varied viewpoints actually add to the process. At the end of this experience I concluded that documenting need not be conclusive (as I had feared), if anything the process demands deep immersion and analysis, and creates dialogue to understand an environment better. 


My Documentation Plan 





Taking documentation back as wall displays. 



Comments

Popular Posts