At the Pottery Studio Day 2

My study is being conducted to analyze the varied emotions experienced by learners and people who create using their hands. For this purpose, the study contrasts 2 spaces of making - 

  • Spaces where makers are willing participants in the process of creation. A pottery studio in this case. 
  • People who 'make' but more due to economic compulsions. Painters, Carpenters, Tailors, Mechanics, Cooks, Photographers,  etc. 


The study will dwell on and compare the differences and similarities of experiences between making in different contexts to further understand if making does create certain core emotions within every individual. 

The problem guiding my study is - 
  •  Do contrasting contexts/ environments/ realities change/ alter the core emotions around making? 
  •  If yes then is Learning by Making relevant for all and can it really be the best approach.
  •  What are the core emotions in making? How are they relevant to an individual.

By positioning this study in a multitude of contrasting contexts I hope to be able to question, justify, build on, or dissolve my own bias towards learning my making and emerge a more evolved pedagogical stance. 

The videos posted here are logs I have created to make my observations visible. I have used varied tools and approaches like Fly on the wall, Individual Practice, Interviews, Participatory Approaches, Sketches/Notes/ Photographs, etc. to collect my data to further my inquiry.

Documentation: Video interview, Photographs, Notes
Methodology: Mixtape( Empathy). Observe, Engage and Personal experience in the design space to understand situation that my users are in. 








Comments

Popular Posts